International Student and Scholar Services
Mercer University welcomes students and scholars from around the globe!
The office of International Programs offers programs and services assists international students and scholars with navigating the process of securing an F-1 or J-1 visa for entering the United States and with adjusting to U.S. and Mercer University culture. Additionally, our skilled international student and scholar services coordinators provide guidance for students and scholars in maintaining their visa status, remaining compliant with U.S. immigration regulations, and managing student immigration regulations through the U.S. Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
What We Do:
• Advise you on the visa application process
• Provide you with necessary paperwork for securing an F-1 or J-1 visa
• Prepare you for your arrival to the United States Port of Entry
• Orient you to Mercer University culture and to the rules and regulations governing your visa status
• Provide ongoing advising regarding Mercer culture and the benefits and requirements of your visa status
• Monitor and report immigration information within the SEVIS system
• Create opportunities for cultural engagement, campus involvement and the sharing of cultures
• Assist with problem-solving when navigating U.S. culture and providing general guidance upon request
Please contact the international student and scholar services coordinator at the appropriate campus with any questions you may have.
International Student and Scholar Services Coordinator (Atlanta and Henry Co.)
Brenda Austrie-Cannaday, DSO/ARO
Telephone: +1 (678) 547-6375