MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR OPPORTUNITIES AT MERCER!
VISIT OUR OFFICES TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO STUDY ABROAD
WE'RE LOCATED ON THE 3RD FLOOR OR RYALS HALL
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
Mercer Abroad is an integral part of your college experience. Whether you are a liberal arts student satisfying your general education experiential component, an international business student doing an internship in Sydney, an engineering or education student doing international service learning in Africa, or a music student on a Mercer Singers tour in Europe, Mercer Abroad has a program just for you!
Mercerians return from their study abroad or domestic study away experiences with a new sense of self, a stronger focus on their academic pursuits, and a deeper appreciation of different cultures, languages, and learning environments. Some students decide a semester or year is not appropriate for them during their undergraduate years and opt to pursue a short-term summer. Furthermore, a study abroad experience is often not that different from the costs of studying on the Macon campus.
Explore the study abroad programs on this site and make an appointment with an advisor in the Office of International Porgrams on the Macon campus (Ryals Hall).
Benefits of Study Abroad
- 100% improvement of mean GPA post-Study Abroad (1)
- 97% of study abroad alumni secured a job within 12 months of graduation (2)
- 85% of study abroad alumni felt that studying abroad helped build valuable job skills (3)
- 10% higher odds of graduating in four years when students study abroad (4)
(1) Final Report of the GLOSSARI Project
(2) Career Benefits of Stud Abroad
(3) The Impact of Studying Abroad on Recent College Graduates' Careers
(4) The Effect of Study Abroad on College Completion in a State University System