MERCER PARTNER PROGRAMS
Experienced Program Providers on Six Continents
- Mercer Abroad has partnered with a preferred set of universities, study abroad program providers, and consortia to expand its offerings throughout the world.
- Each program partner has years of experience in student learning, safety, and cultural programming.
- Mercer students can enroll in any of these programs as transient students for a semester, academic year, or summer term.
- Explore the world, earn credit, and discover yourself!
How do you study abroad with a Mercer partner program?
- You must work the Office of Study Abroad in advance of their international experience or risk not receiving transient credit toward their degree requirements on the Macon campus. Pre-approved academic credit may be transferred back to the Macon campus.
- Students pay all tuition and program fees to the ‘third party’ program or university.
- Mercer scholarships are not transferable to these programs but state, federal, and other forms of non-Mercer private aid may be applicable. See the Office of Student and Financial Planning to determine your eligibility.
Approved Foreign Academic Partners
- The University of Reading is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world. We are a global University that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise. The University was established in 1892, received its Royal Charter in 1926, and has developed into a leading force in British and international higher education. Reading delivers a world-class student experience, research-led teaching and our graduate employability record is excellent. The numbers of our students going on to higher level study is well above the national average. Mercer has been a partner with Reading since 1988.
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent teaching and research, matched by an enviable quality of life. Set in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the breathtaking Gower Peninsula, the University's location is captivating. With 15,921 students and 2,510 staff, Swansea's multicultural campus community provides a global perspective and opportunities to gain skills that last a lifetime.
- AIFS Study Abroad is a division of the American Insititute For Foreign Study (AIFS). Founded in 1964, the American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS) is one of the oldest, largest and most respected cultural exchange organizations in the world. With global offices in 15 countries, we organize cultural exchange programs for more than 50,000 participants each year.
- CAPA International Education is committed to empowering student learning through personal choice, academic integrity, and engagement in urban environments abroad. CAPA provides a holistic learning abroad experience where the city becomes the laboratory in which the student conducts academic research. This collaborative and ultimately personalized approach has made CAPA International Education a trusted provider since 1972.
- One of Mercer's longest partners (since 1984), CC-CS, now commonly referred to as Spanish Studies Abroad, has provided unique learning experiences in the historic city of Seville, Spain since 1969. Since then, we have grown to providing programs in Alicante and Barcelona Spain; Córdoba, Argentina; San Juan, Puerto Rico and Havana, Cuba. The mission of Spanish Studies Abroad is to promote students’ in-depth understanding of Spanish-speaking countries through specifically designed and academically rigorous university-level and cultural travel programs. All of our students cross cultural boundaries to live as members of another culture and thus to learn about others as they learn about themselves. Mercer University is on the academic Board of Advisors at CC-CS.
- A Mercer partner since 2008, CEPA Europe offers individual students a unique range of summer study abroad programs in Europe for transfer credit. All of CEPA's programs are sponsored by regionally accredited universities in the USA or abroad. The courses are taught in English and offer a rich cultural and professional program to enhance the entire experience while in Europe. CEPA partners with Mercer in Strasbourg (France) and Heidelberg (Germany) but also offers programs throughout the continent.
- DIS – Danish Institute for Study Abroad is a government-recognized, high-quality study abroad program established in 1959. All DIS courses and academic programs are intellectually stimulating and challenging – and are all taught in English. But at DIS, study abroad is not solely about academics, it is about providing a one-of-a-kind opportunity for students to experience new situations and build and develop leadership skills for a globalized world. That is why DIS is dedicated to providing the complete study abroad experience. All courses are taught in English. Check out DIS on YouTube.
- A Mercer partner since 2003, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad has over 20 years of experience working within the field of international education serving both students and advisors. We are a leader in study abroad known for high-quality, full service programs with excellent value in a wide range of locations throughout Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Asia, and Europe.
- Since 2002, ISA's has provided high quality education abroad opportunities to Mercer students. ISA's programs are designed to maximize our participants' learning abroad while providing support and expert guidance before, during and after their time abroad.