International Student and Scholar Services
Mercer University welcomes students from around the globe to study on our campuses. International students, scholars and their dependents who are studying on F-1 and J-1 visas are supported by the Office of International Programs. The office offers programs and services to assist and guide international students, scholars and their dependents throughout their time within the United States at Mercer University. The Office of International Programs manages the university’s involvement with the U.S. Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and compliance with immigration regulations.
The Office of International Programs will:
• Assist you with securing an I-20 or DS-2019 for studies at Mercer University
• Prepare you for your arrival to the United States
• Provide international student and scholar orientations at the start of each academic session
• Educate students and scholars on immigration regulations pertaining to their stay within the United
• Monitor and report immigration information within the SEVIS system
• Share resources for legal and qualifying employment opportunities for F-1 and J-1 visa holders
• Inform students and scholars on how to secure a driver’s license and U.S. Social Security Number (if they
• Create opportunities for cultural engagement, campus involvement and the sharing of cultures
• We are your support while in the United States!
Please contact the international student advisor at the appropriate campus with any questions you may have.
Advisor for J-1 Research Scholar’s on all Mercer University Campuses
Dr. Julie Strecker, PDSO/RO
Telephone: +1 (678) 547-6188 or +1 (478) 301-5901
Atlanta and Macon Campus Advisor for Graduate and Undergraduate Students
Telephone: +1 (678) 547-6375